Updated at 16:44:36 04/23/2020 (Views: 525)
Binh Thuan to earmark over VND 4

Binh Thuan to earmark over VND 450 billion to support people affected by Covid-19

BTO- Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Ngoc Hai on April 22 signed Decision No.930 on the allocation a fund over VND 450.433 billion in support of those affected by Covid-19 pandemic.

The fund, sourced from the province’s budget in 2020, will be temporarily allocated to budgets of  districts/city/town and department of Labour-Invalids and Social Affairs in order to implement assistances for the 6 target subjects:

1. Poor and near poor households.

2. Policy beneficiaries who are receiving monthly allowances.

3. Those who are receiving social protection allowances.

4. Individual business households that have a tax return of under VND 100 million/year temporarily suspend their business.

5. Employees who have terminated the labour contract but are not eligible for unemployment benefits.

6. Employees who do not have a labour contract (freelance) and lose a job due to Covid-19’s impact.

Specifically, more than VND 34.3 billion will be allocated to Phan Thiet city, VND 31.4 billion to Tuy Phong district, more than VND 24.9 billion to Bac Binh district, over VND 39 billion to Ham Thuan Bac district, VND 19.4 billion to Ham Thuan Nam district, VND 15.7 billion to Ham Tan district,  over VND 18 billion to La Gi town, VND 28.2 billion to Tanh Linh district,  VND 27.1 billion to Duc Linh district, VND 4.2 billion to Phu Quy island district, and 207.5 billion for department of Labour-Invalids and Social Affairs.

Department of Finance is assigned to managing the funds to support beneficiaries. Firstly, subjects No.4,5,6 will receive 70% of total allowance and the remaining 30% will be allocated to them after authorities at district/town/city level complete reports on the implementation of first step. Subjects 1 &2 will receive 100 of their allowances.

Department of Labour-Invalids and Social Affairs is authorized to carry out payments for subjects 5 in accordance with guidelines of Ministry of Labour –Invalids and Social Affairs. People’s committees of wards/communes will take responsibilities for granting allowances to subjects 1, 2,4 &6. Subjects No.3 will receive support from district/town/city Division of Labour-Invalids and Social Affairs. People’s Committees of districts/city/town are asked to deploy this supportive policy with accuracy and transparency. If one beneficiary is listed in 2 groups and subjects or more, he/she will receive allowance for only one subject (choosing the group of subjects with the highest allowance)

The implementation of this policy must be reported to the provincial people’s Committee and department of Finance. The provincial Committee of Vietnam fatherland Fronts at all levels are requested to perform supervisions on the implementation of this policy to ensure its publicity, transparency and compliance with regulations in Resolution No.41/NQ-CP on measures to support those who are facing hardship due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and dispatch No. 1405 dated April 15, 2020 of the provincial People’s Committee.

Translated by Phuong Lan (Source: Binh Thuan Online)